A New Joint Venture
Don Mann Excavating is excited to announce we have teamed up with AMKO Industries Inc. in a new joint venture aimed at providing world-class civil construction services while promoting women and Indigenous peoples in construction.
About AMKO Industries
AMKO Industries was founded by April Miller and Kelly Olsen, two entrepreneurs from Vancouver Island with years of experience in business across a wide range of industries, including fabrication, air transportation, safety and construction. Together their goal is to help more Indigenous people and women enter the skilled trades. Both groups are chronically underrepresented in skilled trades work. AMKO has the experience and connections to help these groups get and keep work, and ensure they excel in their chosen field.
The Don Mann/AMKO JV aims to:
- Help local businesses improve their relationships with Indigenous groups
- Improve economic outcomes for women and Indigenous workers
- Promote corporate social responsibility
- Build community within Indigenous groups to recruit more workers into the private sector
- Aid local businesses in filling empty positions
- Increase diversity in the workforce
- Provide higher wages for women in fields that are traditionally male-dominated
From single-family homes to downtown condos, bulk and site preparations services are our specialty.
- Civil Construction
Roads, sewers, sidewalks and services—we’ve got experienced crews with many successful projects under their belts.
From dump trucks to slingers, we can move your aggregates, fill and demo materials quickly and efficiently.
- Traffic Control
Allow us to send our fully equipped, experienced traffic control staff to keep your roadworks project under control.
- Safety Consulting
We have extensive experience in construction and manufacturing safety, safety management and building comprehensive safety programs.